Data protection privacy notice for customers and suppliers
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation.
Who collects the information
British Velvets Limited is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
Data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection policy.
About the information we collect and hold
We may collect and hold the following information:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your company information, including address and contact telephone numbers;
- E-mail addresses to forward orders, invoices, credit notes, statement of accounts and Remittances;
- Company and VAT registration numbers;
- Bank details (suppliers)
How we collect the information
This information is collected from you at the initial account opening stage. Either via email, telephone or in person.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes :
- To open a customer account with us;
- To open an supplier account with you;
- We could pass this information onto our Credit risk insurance company, Coface, to apply for a credit limit on your company which would allow us to trade with you on credit terms (Customers)
- To pay supplier accounts
All your data is treated with considerable care and applicable methods are in place to protect this.
How we may share the information
We may need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as credit insurance companies and couriers to arrange timely shipping of your goods.
We will not share or sell your information with other companies for marketing purposes. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact Deborah Hill if (in accordance with applicable law) you would like to correct or delete information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this notice.